– Start of year l0ng Marrakech Capital of African Culture, various events throughout the year
– 1 New Years day, banks and offices closed
– 11 Manifesto for Independence, banks and offices closed
– 26 January 2019 Marrakech International Marathon and Half-Marathon
– Almond Tree Blossom Festival in Tafraoute
– International contemporary African art fair
– National Festval of Amazigh Culure – Fes
– Marrakech Book Fair
– International Festival of Contemporary Dance
– International Folkl0re Festival
– Festival and contest of the Francophone song
– Jazzablanca, Jazz Festival in Casablanca
– 28 April 2020 Marrakech Atlas Etape, Marrakech to Oukaimeden charity bike ride
– Musical Spring festival Essaouira
– Ramadan, month-long daytime fasting throughout Marrakech, food in abundance after sunset, starting about 24 April 2020, throughout the city. Take a traditional ftour at sundown to break the fast. The exact dates are not known until the new moon is sighted.
– 1 Labour Day, banks and offices closed
– Rose Festival in El Kelaa M’Gouna
– Wax Lantern Festival in Sale
– around 25 May 2020 Eid al-Fitr, end of Ramadan, street celebrations, throughout the city, banks offices and most shops closed.
– ‘Prete-moi ton reve’, ‘Lend me your dream’ touring exhibition of African contemporary art comes to Marrakech
– Sefrou Cherry Festival
– Gnaoua and World Music Festival in Essaouira
– World Sacred Music Festival in Fes, direct flights between Fes and Marrakech now available to make this a two centre holiday
– Asilah street art festival
– Marrakech National Festival of Popular Arts, two weeks in July, el Badi Palace and Marrakech
– Camel Festival in Guelmin
– Festival de Casablanca, musical festival
– 30 Festival of the Throne, banks and offices closed
– Festival of female Hadra and Trance music in Essaouira
– Setti Fatma, local moussem religious festival, Setti Fatma near Marrakech
– 14 Allegiance of Oued Edtahab, banks and offices closed
– 20 Revolution of the King and the People, banks and offices closed
– 21 Kings Birthday, Festival of Youth, banks and offices closed
– Around 2 August 2020, two days, exact date variable, Eid el Kebir, feast of Abraham’s sacrifice. Banks offices and some shops closed. Please see the archives of the News from the Riad flash. If you are committed to being in Marrakech at this time we can help you make the most of your stay.
– Imilchil, colourful marriage festival of the Aït Haddidou tribe, August or September, Imilchil in the Atlas mountains east of Marrakech
– Islamic New Year, banks and offices closed
– Ashurra, celebrated in Marrakech as a Festival of Light and Music, drumming groups practice for up 2 weeks before
– Marrakech Folk Music Festival, local folk music festival, venues throughout the city
– Horse festival in Tissa (near Fes)
– Oasis electronic music festival at The Source
– Classical Music Festival
– Dates Festival in Taragalte, M’Hamid
– l’Etape Morocco by Tour de France cycle event
– 6 Green March Day, banks and offices closed
– 18 Independence Day, banks and offices closed
– Dates to be announced for 2020 Marrakech International Film Festival
We try to run our Riad in a sustainable manner, mindful of our environmental, economic and social responsibilities.
Read what Lonely Planet, Conde Nast, National Geographic and, most importantly, our own guests think of Riad al Massarah.
Close enough for a long weekend, ideal for a few days before or after a trek in the Atlas or a trip to the desert.